Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I hate being skint

sbooder

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its only 99p, and no reserve....... a bargain IMO! lol

Gary

I was going to post a thread regarding reserve prices on Ebay. IF the item doesnt get any bids higher then 99p............is the seller obliged to sell at that price.

I think thats when the practice of gazumpting comes into play and the seller or a mate offers 300 quid with only minutes to go before the auction ends?

Condition:New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in the original packaging

Call me a skeptic but i think the scope has been opened.

:D

Nah, it's just in an invisible box.

I think we should start a raffle for "Who guesses closest to the final sale price". I bid £1500. :eek:

I don't know what it is about refractors, but when I look at them on the internet etc I have a hard time imagining how big they would be in person.

Look closer at the images. This sucker nearly reaches the second floor window of the house. Its a monster. I'd love to know how much it weighs (without the mount and tripod).

£1500 for a refractor THAT size?

I'll take a piece of that action. I say it is easily worth £3000

On an established model, perhaps. This is a Frankenstein of William Optics + SET + WhoKnowsWhat, with absolutely no details of the objective's glass or element count / design. I'm aware of Beacon Hill's "pedigree" and history, but still...

Look closer at the images. This sucker nearly reaches the second floor window of the house. Its a monster. I'd love to know how much it weighs (without the mount and tripod).

It also doubles up as a useful toy for getting cats and children out of trees

Trust me, that is one huge beast...

I have a Beacon Hill F12 6" Frac which sadly, a double hernia (not caused by the scope!) is forcing me to sell. Mine is the same FL as this one, at 1825mm, but this is way fatter being 8.25" and so the tube guage will likely be much thicker, and therefore heavier. There will be more CA at F9 but only on really bright objects and I can believe the views will be spectacular, given how impressive they are through my "little 6" :-)

I do believe the guy that owns SET optics makes decent lenses himself, although I would bet his came from one of the big makers in the Far East (mine did)..but that is no bad thing, given that we in the west don't seem to want to make big glass nowadays..

I wouldn't like to predict how much it goes for but anything less than £2k will be a bargain..

PS, I'm only asking £1100 for mine!

good luck if you bid:-)

cheers

Dave

Archived