SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Glamping for wusses...

lulu57

OMG that looks well cool Pauly! I have a folding caravan that we have *pimped out* lol but I am leaning more towards a MH. Camping is my other hobby :)

I also have a 12 man tent with fitted carpets too :D no blow up sofa's (yet) Wilko's keep selling out.

My tent

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG that looks well cool Pauly! I have a folding caravan that we have *pimped out* lol but I am leaning more towards a MH. Camping is my other hobby :)

I also have a 12 man tent with fitted carpets too :D no blow up sofa's (yet) Wilko's keep selling out.

My tent

Oh my, I spy a moon base!

Hi Celeste. Your 'van looks realy nice inside. I have a confession, the lorry actually belongs to her ladyship and is her horse transport. Although it is well equipped, it isn't too roomy since the majority of the space is taken up by the smelly horse. The other downside is that everywhere we go with the horse, there seems to be knee deep mud. It's almost like they get it shipped in specially. Add 2 big hairy dogs into the equation and it becomes nigh on impossible to keep the inside of the lorry clean enough for optical instruments.

Your tent looks awesome, but I expect it's a bit of a lump when packed up. I've been browsing through our local rag for camping gear, I do enjoy mucking about in tents.

Lol thats a shame...would love one of those huge american RV's one day :)

The tent IS a lump...and a half lol, and takes alot to put up. Don't talk about camping kit I have WAY too much kit (4 cookers, used to have 3 loos, 20 or so airbeds, 10 blow up pillows....plates/cups etc coming out my ears...2 tents, folding caravan, camping trailer, parabolic heater, electric fan heater and an oil radiator I dont do cold lol, if it does get hot I got a roof light with a fan in it....and the all important hook up :D ) I deffo have too much kit lol i'm a camping nerd :p Oh one of my most important bits of camp kit....my tea URN....yes thats right....I have a tea urn for my brews and hot water.

I did think, if I ever turned up to a star party in the lorry, I'd be the worst neighbour, blocking half the sky with m'oversized camper, haha!

I've seen a couple of 6 man tents in the local rag going cheap and was sorely tempted. I'm thinking it'll be plenty of room for me and my kit, with reserve space if her indoors was ever to come along.....oh, and the 4 dogs :)

As far as your selection of kit goes, at least you have plenty of choice :p And how much tea do you drink :D, we don't even have an urn at work.

:) lol....we have LOTS of tea, the urn is only a 6ltr one though. I have tea to help keep me warm on a night, plus for the washing up etc. And I deffo have too much kit, but I guess it's like everything else you never have enough and there's always something you NEED (oh ok, want then :))

• 1 month later...
I think i have that same bed haha,

I got a lot of comments as the last 2 star party's I went to, this is my tent, has 3 bedrooms, a indoor seating area with a TV, the other side has a kitchen area, coffee maker, 2 electric hobs and a fridge.

The tent is hooked up with its own Wifi hotspot too :)

This is me and the wife on one of the sofa's enjoying a nice mocha )

sry to pry but whats a tent like that cost

thx star

thx great price well done quick question as ive been reading up. how warm is it with only a few people inside as i like the space but need some warmth for the wife and kids. 1 wife 2 kids + me

thx again star

p.s what make isit plz

I use two oil filled rads, and it gets pretty warm inside, i normally heat it up early and it will stay warm most of the night. I normally take my kids too and they dont get cold. I do get funny about the rads at night, but i only run things via a powerpack while asleep all mains power goes off.

Favourite bit of camping gear? has to be our motorhome. Sheer luxury!!!!

My wife and I have been camping together for more than 30 years (and you thought I was just a young shaver). We started out with a Blacks Mountain Tent, went to lighter weight tents such as the Saunders Jetpacker for backpacking, then to a Macpac tent for canoe camping, then for base camping bought a small frame tent after sitting outside of the Macpac cooking dinner during an extremely wet weekend at Bala.

Even though we have the motorhome, we still have all the tents we have bought over the years and have even gone lighter with simple bivvy sheets for really lightweight backpacking, coupled with hammocks for canoe camping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The newest addition to the glamping portfolio...perfect for stargazing, perfect for snoozing in the sun, perfect for your partner to roll you sideways onto the floor...;)

Vango Flocked Lounger £19.99 Furniture Camping Equipment at Winfields Megastore

I'm hoping it will stop me getting neck ache during meteor showers. I'll let you know...

Always fancied canoe camping but do people do much of it in the UK ?

I took my family last year - brilliant weekend! Also had a really dark sky with fantastic seeing conditions which got me back into astronmomy - taking my bins this year.

Check out Tipi Adventures - They looked after us very well. I would highly recommend them.

• 7 months later...

Oh woe is me! Alas, alack!

Inflatable settee (mark 2) has punctured.

It has gone to meet its maker. It is an ex-settee. :p

Should I buy yet another inflatable, and risk another leak?:(

How else can I maintain my in-tent comfort and glamping credentials? :o

Archived