Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Glamping for wusses...

lulu57

Now that brings back memories. I remember doing a survival weekend once and all we were allowed was the clothes on our back, some water and a pocket knife, was an amazing experience. We built a bivvi from whatever we could find and ended up hunting wild animals for dinner. Now thats camping..... :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

There's such a thing as a 'sniper' sleeping bag made by the west German army in the old days. Standard mummy job but the base unzips so you can walk around and it has a head and arms on it so you can shoot people.

Could be handy waiting out the clouds.

Ah ! this is where Ian must have got his idea from , wouldn't stop talking about it- prettying up his purple palace for Kielder nxt year !!:)

Sounds like Ian wants to create a boudoir!

(Lucky Nicnac :p)

Any thoughts on the practicality/safety of an electric blanket on an inflatable bed?

My first thoughts are that it might electrify the whole bed :D...but on the other hand, there might be a safe version, perhaps??

Sounds like Ian wants to create a boudoir!

(Lucky Nicnac :p)

Any thoughts on the practicality/safety of an electric blanket on an inflatable bed?

My first thoughts are that it might electrify the whole bed :D...but on the other hand, there might be a safe version, perhaps??

Ha ! no "wants to" about it !! It was a boudoir!! wi' carpet, air bed duvet & chandeliers :) ooh and CARPET !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Ian Starflyer will have to get his skates on if his boudoir is going to match me and Ian Astronut's boudoir. :mad::D

We've just got back from glamping at Lucksall.

I am officially besotted with our tent. (Outwell tent with a Vango canopy...bizarre, but it works!)

I may sell my house and live in it permanently...:)

Here are our pics.

Ian reckons that the blow up bed is more comfortable than my own bed at home. :)

He is also well chuffed with the blow up sofa.

My personal fave was the fan heater. Toasteeeeee mmmmmmmmm.....:D

The stained glass window is courtesy of Hereford catherdral...we thought we might have it fitted in the canopy. :D

post-15346-133877497242_thumb.jpg

post-15346-133877497245_thumb.jpg

post-15346-133877497248_thumb.jpg

post-15346-133877497252_thumb.jpg

post-15346-133877497256_thumb.jpg

I think i have that same bed haha,

I got a lot of comments as the last 2 star party's I went to, this is my tent, has 3 bedrooms, a indoor seating area with a TV, the other side has a kitchen area, coffee maker, 2 electric hobs and a fridge.

The tent is hooked up with its own Wifi hotspot too :)

This is me and the wife on one of the sofa's enjoying a nice mocha )

post-19390-133877497399_thumb.jpg

Very nice indeed!

Don't mention the coffee maker - Ian will want to take his with us next time...if we have to pack anything else, we'll end up having to leave the scope behind! :):mad:

(We needed two cars to transport everything as it was. And I only took two pairs of shoes!)

I know this thread is about Glamping in tents, but do campervans count as Glamping? Here's mine. Hot and cold running, central heating, bathroom with shower, freeviewT.V., DVD, fully kitted kitchen, mains genny, bags of carrying capacity for even the biggest of scopes and so on. I know it's not much but we like to think of it as a home from home. :):mad:

post-20608-133877498068_thumb.jpg

What about a camper van with an observatory on the top? i have a VW bay with a pop top roof, maybe i could convert it?!

when i used to tent I would always have two airbeds and put one on top of the other - a bit wobbly but if one went down in the night you still woke up comfy!

Oh Wow! Lou, I've only just picked up this thread and I'm very impressed, that's a brilliant tent complete with carpet, I particularly like the throw over the sofa, Very magic Roundabout....

Where did you get the carpet? It's so much nicer than our grotty bit of plastic groundsheet...... That's it, Rob's spending no more money on scopes 'til he buys some **** pile lixury for the tent :)

Sounds like you had a good time, and found someone to clean the kitchen too!!!!

Amanda xx

Oh Wow! Lou, I've only just picked up this thread and I'm very impressed, that's a brilliant tent complete with carpet, I particularly like the throw over the sofa, Very magic Roundabout....

Where did you get the carpet? It's so much nicer than our grotty bit of plastic groundsheet...... That's it, Rob's spending no more money on scopes 'til he buys some **** pile lixury for the tent :mad:

Sounds like you had a good time, and found someone to clean the kitchen too!!!!

Amanda xx

Cop a load of this, Amanda - made to measure tent carpets!

Who'd have thunk it?

Outwell Virginia 5 Carpet - Tents | Camping Tents

(You have to supply your own kitchen-cleaning pixie, though. Mine also made tea.:D:))

• 2 weeks later...
What ever happened to a sleeping bag on the floor like when back in the Scouts, with a tent that you couldnt touch the sides of in fear or letting gallons of water through.

The only luxury I'll be taking with me is my Kelly Kettle.......boiling water for tea, anywhere and in only two minutes......

Camping in the scouts almost put me off camping for life. I really don't like camping much, however... star parties are a big exception. Those are fun. And since we've discovered electric hook up and the joys of a bigger tent, there's no going back!

@Pauly - awesome flat with wheels, I mean - camper van. Seriously, that's an impressive and useful vehicle you've got there!

And I'm now giving serious consideration to that blow up sofa! The tent carpets, btw - are an absolute joy. I bought a large Coleman square carpet (I think they only do one size) and it makes a big difference level to the comfort level inside the tent, giving some separation between the cold groundsheet and the tent and making the ground more comfortable and tougher to walk on.

Archived