Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Glamping for wusses...

lulu57

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just remember the biggest downside to airbeds is that they are full of COLD air. Which makes for a cold night....

I dunno, Jamie. I spout a lot of hot air...perhaps I can just get on the phone to Nicnac and talk down the inflator tube...?:D

Howzabout this for glamping deluxe?...:D:D

INFLATABLE DOUBLE AIR BED SOFA/COUCH + PUMP AIRBED on eBay (end time 03-Oct-10 11:39:15 BST)

What's your favourite camping luxury?

I usually sleep in my rudimentary camper shell that is installed over my mini truck bed. I usually use and thin inflatable mattress, and then place a fleece blanket over it so that the cold air does not come through. I then put my sleeping bag over that.

When I go to the local astronomy club site, we have a double prefab house with bedrooms and all of the other amenities so camping out is not required.

Lu me and Claire had airbeds - we stack one on top of the other with a carpet underneath, blanket between the two airbeds and a duvet on top. You need to insulate them as much as possible cos as has been said they are full of cold air.

In a home its not a problems cos the air is pretty warm - outside in a tent the air cools down to whatever the air temp is and that can be quite cold and it can be pretty cold on one of those as a result.

On top of that we found after 3 goes at acamping with airbeds they arent actually very comfy especially with two people on them - each time one of you moves the other is subjected to a quick dose of the Mal de Meres :D

We are getting a pair of camp beds for next time round. They dont look as elegant but they are a lot more comfy.

each time one of you moves the other is subjected to a quick dose of the Mal de Meres :eek:

If you're a little portly, like me, half the fun is jumping on the airbed so that SWMBO 'leaps' off the otherside. :D Most amusing in the middle of the night!

What ever happened to a sleeping bag on the floor like when back in the Scouts, with a tent that you couldnt touch the sides of in fear or letting gallons of water through.

The only luxury I'll be taking with me is my Kelly Kettle.......boiling water for tea, anywhere and in only two minutes......

1. Tennants for breakfast :)

2. oh! you can brush your teeth with it as well :brushteeth:Glasto :) style :(

3. Finding new ways of keeping the tent warm :icon_eek:

Trust me, looking thru the icon list, number 3 could have been much much much worserer :(:D:D:D

What ever happened to a sleeping bag on the floor like when back in the Scouts, with a tent that you couldnt touch the sides of in fear or letting gallons of water through.

The only luxury I'll be taking with me is my Kelly Kettle.......boiling water for tea, anywhere and in only two minutes......

I love the idea of a bivvi..anytime, any place, anywhere...

Archived