sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Just when I thought I'd finished...

Starman

I'd nearly completely the initial processing for the Jupiter data caught on the night of the 3/4 Sept 2010 but then realised I'd left a load of other shots on the capture laptop, so a bit more to go before I can start doing the proper RGB builds. Here's another from that session, unannotated at the moment as it's not a final release set yet. The moon in transit is Ganymede....

2010-09-03_23-05-49_RGB-final-800.jpg

If one wanted to study a particular area on jupiter to see what was happening, i think your work will reveal whats being looked at, the resolution is always something that is right at the limit of performance in this country, and or the conditions. Pushing the equipment to its limit really means, its hard to do much better. I understand that, and thats what i see when your imaging well. ( in your case alwalys reliant on seeing ) Though of course changes in equipment do often mean that limit can be pushed further, if the equipment change is superiour. ( which often it is not ) But thats the only way i see you can really do better. Really likeing all your images of late. can see the conditions allowing you to get what your system is capable of. Detail, seperation ( resolution ) is great on this

Thanks again for all the comments.

It's great fun isn't it Neil and you're generating some fantastic results yourself, your sharpest showing down to the limit you can really get from the limited altitude of Jupiter at the moment. Seeing is all important as you say but this is something which is assisted by a bit of altitude. I've been very busy with work related items this year which has impacted on the amount of processing time I've been able to put in and I've got loads of AVI's and untouched TIFFs & FITs files waiting in the wings. I bought another 2Tb drive a couple of months ago and this is already down to 0.5Tb of free space - ho hum.