Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New 'M's seen :D

Kain

I was out with the scope last night as you know, but I just wanted to mention I viewed some new Massiers last night for the first time :)

M1, 36, 37, 38

M1 was pretty poor. a tiny smokey patch, but with the moon shining away, it was probably making it look alot more pointless that it actually was.

M36 and M38 were really nice clusters, not as good as some of the other M clusters, but they were quite nice.

M37 though blew me away,It almost resembles a very loose globular cluster (to me anyway) I spent a good 20 mins taking this little gem in. The longer I looked at it, the more stars I could see.

I also had a quick look at M42, but it was low in the sky and being effected by a street light, however its sill looked great, the running man is still running to get nowhere (wonder if he had cramp yet??)

It's always nice seeing new objects, really feels like you achieved something.

Kain

If you follow the Messier link with the Iseestars site - yu can keep a record of all the M's you've seen and/or imaged.

I always find that the open clusters and globular clusters are more rewarding visually.

Ant

Nice report Kain... :) Auriga was one of the first constellations I observed when I got my scope, those are 3 of my favourite clusters, 36, 37 and 38, you don't have to swing the scope to far to have a visual delight.... 8)

Another fave is M35 in Gemini, lovely... :)

Caz :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, but I think I always just miss it. Once I saw it in the EP, I then located it's area in the Telrad, moved away and re-found it.

I'm confident I can now repeat this at home. Typically, the clouds look like they've moved in for a bit!! :D

Archived