Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Life on Jupiter

Good to see my thread still going strong after nearly a year.

Love the discussion thread though much of the arguements have been surrounding the possibility of life forming and evolving in these unfamiliar and untested environments.

In all the trillions of places life could exist in our universe (or others) I would not be placing my bet on it not. As for Jupiter, I'm not sure we will find any life form that we recognise, thats not to say it doesnt exist just that if there is something there it will be so far removed from our expectations and definition of life that we are likely to miss it.

Of course I could always be spouting absolute rubbish :) its fun to speculate nevertheless

Exactly why I made the thread. For me personally, I don't have a huge amount of knowledge of chemistry or physics so for me it's just unbounded speculation with no real grounding but I think that's the best way. The inconceivable vastness of the universe suggests that there could be life on many of the other 'platforms' in solar systems, hell we've already pinpointed 2 or 3 in our own that could potentially harbour life or may have done in the past.

Jupiter was just an example as I happened to be observing it at the time but the idea that lifeforms could exist that aren't carbon based and might not have 2 arms and 2 legs changes the playing field completely if it does verge on the Star Wars/Trek world.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived