SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Penmon Point Star trail - Timelapse video

sorry if this is in the wrong place but it seemed right to me.

This is a timelapse video created from 2016 individual exposures over 6 hours compiled in Adobe AE and Premiere Pro.

It's a view looking North over Penmon Point lighthouse on Anglesey on the 31st of August 2010.

Ignoring the aircraft, although the con trails at the end are interesting, the number of satelittes and flares is fascinating (to me)

That's really cool Kev. What a great location you have at your disposal. That light house is a photographer's dream.
It is beautiful especially because the lighthouse has light baffles on the land side to prevent the rotating light keeping people awake in some cottages nearby so it doesn't affect photography like most lighthouses would.

sorry if this is in the wrong place but it seemed right to me.

This is a timelapse video created from 2016 individual exposures over 6 hours compiled in Adobe AE and Premiere Pro.

It's a view looking North over Penmon Point lighthouse on Anglesey on the 31st of August 2010.

Ignoring the aircraft, although the con trails at the end are interesting, the number of satelittes and flares is fascinating (to me)

Absolutely gorgeous location and superb vid. Many thanks for sharing. Have you had a look at starttails.de for some excellent software you might like to play with?

Beg pardon, but why wasn't the lighthouse flashing? Ah - 10 sec exposures. That explains it :D

Absolutely gorgeous location and superb vid. Many thanks for sharing. Have you had a look at starttails.de for some excellent software you might like to play with?

Beg pardon, but why wasn't the lighthouse flashing? Ah - 10 sec exposures. That explains it :D

see my response above :eek: I used Startrails.exe to compile the final photograph here http://stargazerslounge.com/photography/113598-penmon-point-lighthouse-star-trail.html

Archived