New imaging project.

ollypenrice

I noticed by chance that with enough time you can mosaic your way from the Double Cluster to the Heart - so I've started. What struck me as fun about this, though, is that the DC is such a visual object, beloved of all, and the Heart is such a photographic one, invisible at the eyepiece. Hands across the visual-imaging divide!

To be continued (for some time...)

Olly

Well, I'm utterly amazed to find that I have whacked off 4 panels already, last night, with just 1hr 20m per panel in the Tak FSQ with reducer (f3.9) and it is looking really strong. That is in the one shot colour, which is usually slower than the mono with filters. I have shot the Heart in RGB before and got really weak signal but this time it is shouting out loud.

4 more will finish the Double Cluster to Heart but to get all the Soul I will need three more again. Depends on the weather and what the new guests would like to image.

Olly

Archived