SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clavius

mightymonoped

Thats a lovely image Tony, you sound a little down hearted with your efforts, maybe wrong? But you have proven to me you can produce fantastic results with an undriven mount, gives me hope!

Thanks for sharing :)

Caz

Thanks all :)

Caz, I'm a little cheesed off with it, as I discovered today that I'd forgotten to tell the software I use to capture that I wasn't using RAW mode with the ToUcam anymore...doh! I don't know if this had a negative effect on the quality of the image but I guess that's one of the 'dangers' of reflashing your camera all the time. I'll remember to check next time :)

As far as undriven imaging is concerned, I'm constantly finding new ways to improve things, in some ways it's a great incentive for really trying to squeeze every ounce of performance from the hardware and software that I have to hand. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say "no" to a EQ6 or a Losmandy, but it's good to get a strong foundation to progress on.

clear skies all,

Tony

Archived