SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter

Managed to get out and look at Jupiter on Thursday, time exposure revealed the sky was in fact deep red!. But snapped this with my new explorer 150P, 10mm EP, barlow that came with it using eyepice projection. Just a single shot. Ive been messing about with registax and a useful program called ninox but not got the hang of it yet. I was pleased... want a clear sky now!

Jupiter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Tom

Cheers. It's was take on a canon 1000D with a cable release, mirror lock up and then wait about 6 seconds for the vibration to stop before taking the picture. I haven't got an RA drive so I had to get a head of the planet so it's just out of frame to have time for everything. Tom

It's at 1600ASA which gets a bit grainy although there is a function to reduce noise (which seems to work quite well). But it lets you shoot at 1/13. Next time I'll use the cameras raw image mode I think. The way forward now is an RA drive I think, just to allow me to come down to 400ASA, think that would pick up a lot more detail, that an exceptionally clear evening. I back onto fields so it's reasonably dark if there's no mist but they're wheat fields that have just been harvested. The tens of gliders we get over head says something about the air currents from them! Should get ploughed soon. Theres a woodon pylon in the field about 1/4 mile away which I use to align the finder at dusk, during the day it's impossible to get a good image of it because of the heat haze off the field, even if the temps only 20c or so. Amazing how all these things add up.

Archived