Narrowband

Ok not astro photos but bear with me......

Ok, I know these aren't astronomy photos but I wanted to allay any concerns for anyone contemplating having their DSLR modified.

When you have a DSLR modified, the internal IR and UV filter is removed which makes the chip more sensitive to Hydrogen alpha emissions, which is pretty much the whole sky!

However you'll find that for daytime photography, all the white areas of the picture will be pink or red due to the filter removal.

you can correct for this by buying an ordinary white balance filter (OWB), either full aperture or clip type or you can do what I did, which was to use the in camera custom white balance settings.

Its very simple to do and there are plenty of websites explaining how to do it, just google 'custom white balance'

I was at a local airshow recently (Dunsfiolds 'Wings and Wheels' near Guildford) and shot a load of daytime pictures to test my camera for 'normal photography', and the images were fine!

This is the same camera thats taken all the images I've posted here that you have all been commenting on.

Go on, do it! there's nothing to fear!:eek:

By the way, the pictures are of the fantastic RAF Red Arrows and the awesome Eurofighter Typhoon!:D

post-15189-133877481093_thumb.jpg

post-15189-133877481102_thumb.jpg

post-15189-133877481109_thumb.jpg

post-15189-133877481117_thumb.jpg

Archived