1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

Neximage Raw Mod

Hi All

ive just read other threads about imaging with the celestron neximage and noticed that there is a mod for it to allow the camera to shoot in raw mode. Ive have purchased one of these camera's but on installing software and drivers supplied and discovered that i had to get another driver for windows 7 which was produced for the philips toucam which the neximage basically is, this driver is not supported by celestron . So the question i have because of the driver issue will this mod work in windows 7, if not i wont proceed. Any help appreciated

thanks in advance

Gary

:blob10:

I would have thought that it should work. The mod alters the camera's firmware to bypass some of the processing stages (de-bayering and, i think, compression), so the drivers don't come into it.

You can always flash it back if it doesn't work. (Famous last words).

As with all of these mods, you carry them out at your own risk.

Steve

Hi Steve

thanks for replying, ive just found abit more info out, the raw mod was written back in 2006 so looks like for XP, when trying to install i get an error suggesting ask software writer for a 32/64 bit version of the wcrmac 1.0.79

could the mod be carried out on a xp laptop to flash the camera then run the camera on the windows 7 laptop when caputring images.

Gary

:blob10:

could the mod be carried out on a xp laptop to flash the camera then run the camera on the windows 7 laptop when caputring images.

Gary

If the camera works OK with W7, then I see no reason why not.

Edit: In fact that is similar to what I did - Flashed with XP then used Vista for capture.

Edited by Parallax

Ive run the mod on a XP laptop and it is working fine on that laptop, will try on the windows 7 laptop nextime we get a clear sky:). Will let you know how it goes.

Gary

:D

Edited by Daftvada

• 2 weeks later...

I did exactly this - I used my old XP laptop (now my main Astro lappy) to do the RAW update, then used my newer Win7 laptop with the NexImage without any problems. You'll notice in your capture software that the image is kind of blocky and B&W when set to 5fps - but then debayering in AVIRaw or similar brings out the colour (and the blocks disappear).

Jim