Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd attempt at the moon

I am a bit happier with tonights efforts. Still cannot seem to get a sharp picture, maybe this is due to stacking? Are most of the nice sharp closeups of the moon taken with Digital SLR's?

Anyway constructive critisim is very welcome as are hints/tips.

Critise away

image.jpg

You can tell if it's your stacking thats making the image blured by looking at a single exposure or watching the avi. If this isn't blured then it might be the stacking, but it's more likely your focus isn't quite there. Focus has to be bang on for imaging. You can get away with a little out of focus for visual work as your eyes can compensate but cameras cannot.

yup Focus Blinky on that , seeing has to be really good , the moon is not always an easy target , focus is really critical on that power , the closer you get the finer the focus ,elec focusser will help , or make it easier , not always the answer though , images of the moon require only about 400 frames , thats all i have ever done , stacking , well with the moon its easy to see if any frames are,nt good , but on the whole if the seeing is steady you should be able to stack the lot of them , if not then use the graph in registax , i set mine at 80% never ever has it dropped below that , i dont use a dlsr , but find the modded web cams produce the best shots when it comes to really close ups of the moon , i will prob be shouted down on that lol

Rog

but find the modded web cams produce the best shots when it comes to really close ups of the moon , i will prob be shouted down on that lol

Rog

I have also went to the expense of buying a DSLR (very expensive)

but i have to say that the lowly unmodded TouCam is far Superior to any DSLR for moon imaging.

The images speak for them selves........

Blinky

You might be as well to strip and re-grease the focuser with some decent lithium grease first. Might save you a few quid!

I don't think it will help, but did you stack with the Multipoint in Registax4 ??

Archived