Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TENTS (Don't Laugh)

TopHouse

Dont tell me Lulu you've given up the luxury of a static caravan or campervan for those cold cold star party evenings !! :blob10:

cheers

Neil

Yup. Unbelievable, isn't it?

Never thought I'd succumb, but we were seduced by Ian D's cosy 4 man tent. (The fan heater inside it probably helped).:)

I watched him put it away. 15-20 mins and it was gone. Mind you, he has got very long arms indeed! If pushed, I'm pretty sure he could pull out pegs from both sides of the tent simultaneously!:hello2:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My idea of a rain proof tent to star gaze beside - My LWB Series 3 Landy!

A man after my own heart;

This is my 1983 FFR, which has already transported the 10" SNT to a rally in Wakefield:

DSCF0040.jpg

It gets very cosy in there and the tub is long enough to sleep in without having to curl up. I'll miss it when I return to the 88" IIa.

3000mm hh is the recommended hh for leisure tents however 1500hh is often used by the more expensive technical tents especially lightweight tents so it does depend on design and manufacturer. As to bargains now is when youre going to find them camping shops will be trying to get rid of old stock so that they have space for the new stuff in the spring. Also look in ebay for those tried camping once didnt like it people. you can pick up some bargains but avoid ebay own brands

Steve thats a fabby doo tent - I LOVE the the tree light chandelier. Really amazing - I think if I were going to go for a bigger tent that one might just get the vote.

I hate the color green so that limited my tent choice for me somewhat.

My mates got one with the log burner, we used it in snowdon early part of this year and it was toasty all night, so if you dont like the cold its well worth the investment.

Only problem is, when packed it takes up a fair bit of room!

Picked up the tent today, but can't actually try it out because it's too wide to put up in the garden. B)

Going camping for the first time is going to be a very swift learning experience, I think. :D

p.s. When I get in a two man tent, there just isn't room for anyone else! :eek::)

You would be ill advised to get a tent with anything less that a 3000 hydrostatic head level of protection....

We have a tent that is 3000 hh and in a heavy thunderstorm this august the water came through as a fine mist inside. The force of the heavy drops hitting the canvas was driving the water through!

I was thinking of applying a coat of fabsil to improve waterproofing - does anyone know if this stuff really works? It claims to replace/top up the original waterproofing of the fabric which degrades over time.

Robin.

Picked up the tent today, but can't actually try it out because it's too wide to put up in the garden. B)

Going camping for the first time is going to be a very swift learning experience, I think. :D

p.s. When I get in a two man tent, there just isn't room for anyone else! :eek::)

I beg to differ.

Archived