Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TENTS (Don't Laugh)

TopHouse

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not laughing because I'm looking for a tent at the moment, so thanks for the heads up.

However, I think Steve has a point regarding Tesco tents so I've been checking out the really helpful tent advise on offer in the Star Parties threads...

Just looked on tescos site, theirs are 1500 hydrostatic thingummy, i know nowt about tents, so don't even know what that is, just saw em and thought i'd pass it on.

Stop being so soft! Scott of the antarctic had an old bedsheet with 2 bamboo poles!

and an anorak!

Just looked on tescos site, theirs are 1500 hydrostatic thingummy, i know nowt about tents, so don't even know what that is, just saw em and thought i'd pass it on.

Stop being so soft! Scott of the antarctic had an old bedsheet with 2 bamboo poles!

and an anorak!

The hydrostatic head figure is basically how waterproof the tent is, basically the min for all weather in UK is normally 3000 with a 5000 ground sheet.

Steve

I'd steer clear of the Tescos stuff too - I boughjt two of their 'de-luxe' sleeping bags and they arent worth a cup of spit.

For last years SSP I lashed out on one of these Easy Camp Boston 500 Tent it seemd ok. Construction was a bit cheap and cheerful but it worked well enough and kept me warm and dry - I also bought the undersheet for it and some serious 3 season sleeping bags. Oh and a tent heater just to be on the safe side.

If I were go8ing to buy again I'd probably get this one Easy Camp Boston 600 Tent mainly cos the living space is so much bigger and when you have scopes to park inside the tent it would have made more sense I think.

Bear in mind if you get a heavier weight tent the packed up weight zooms up very quick. For the relatively lighweight Boston 500 I bought the packed weight is 17kg. The best quality tent I looked at weight about 50kg :blob10: and the price was truly scary too !!!

Dont forget - just like a telescope the tent wont be the only thing you'll need. Some camping chairs, table, heater, camping Gaz stove, nightlights, decent tent pegs (the ones with mine were useless I found), a mallet to put the pegs in with, undersheet, maybe a tent carpet, decemt sleeping bags, camping beds etc - the price can get really horrific very fast.

Tents as in the camping type, in demand at the moment due to the star parties etc coming up. Tescos are selling their tents at half price at the moment, all sizes up to 6 man which is now going for 60 quid!

I wasnt aware that there is any other type of tent apart from a camping tent.

There is a BIG chain store here called Dunnes Stores and they sell a 2-3 person tent (for music festivals etc) for about 40 euro.

I have often considered buying one to set up in my garden to take shelter when there is a bit of cloud,rain wind about while observing.

there`s loads on e bay, been looking over the last week, one supplier selling 4 man 3000hh tents for around £50 - £60 new, 6 man for around £60 - £70.

vents in the bed compartments, look good for the money.

as for tesco ones, my brother in law bought one for camping last month, it rained and went through the tent, so they took it back, only 1500hh so o.k. for camping on a summers day

Steve thats a fabby doo tent - I LOVE the the tree light chandelier. Really amazing - I think if I were going to go for a bigger tent that one might just get the vote.

I hate the color green so that limited my tent choice for me somewhat.

Archived