Narrowband

My EQ6 has arrived !!!

Earl

I have two of these things and they do work. They are not accurate enough for the biggest scopes (of long focal length) that they can carry but they are a godsend and without spending a fortune, what else is there? There are several somewhat more expensive mounts that do not hold a candle to the EQ6. It has become an industry standard and, if it plays up, you have the incomparable Astro-Baby on hand to give expert advice!

Have fun and mind your sciatica...

Olly

Hope you enjoy lugging it about lol, don't be tempted to leave the weights on either as you will no doubt unbalance yourself whilst trying to fit it through the door with the legs extended and it'll hit the floor lol.

As for info, you definitely need look no further than AstroBaby, she's a wealth of info :blob10:

I remember coming home after mine was delivered and could believe the size of the boxes.

I got mine delivered to work and when I heaved the boxes out of the car and into the house, SWMBO's response was "What on Earth have you bought?"

Congrats on the mount, you've really made a good investment there.:blob10:

I got mine delivered to work and when I heaved the boxes out of the car and into the house, SWMBO's response was "What on Earth have you bought?"

Congrats on the mount, you've really made a good investment there.:blob10:

lol, mine was at home for the delivery and rang me up to ask have they delivered the right thing, as there were 4 or 5 rather larger boxes in the end :)

Archived