Narrowband

NGC7023 - Iris Nebula wide field

GordonH

Hi

I took this image before my recent M31 shot but haven't really been happy with it until now after two reprocesses. This was taken over two nights with 50x5 minutes for luminance and 20x5 minutes each for RGB. It was taken with a Takahashi FSQ106ED f5 and Starlight Xpress H36 on a Paramount ME auto guided with a Lodestar camera and OAG. The seeing conditions weren't particularly good on either night due to a half moon in the sky and when I was taking the luminance the transparency was very poor due to very thin high whispy cloud. This is my first attempt at this subject so I am quite pleased with the result.

Here is a link to the large high resolution version

NGC7023 - Iris Nebula (reprocess) photo - Gordon Haynes photos at pbase.com

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877479846_thumb.jpg

Wow, if that is from light pollution and a bright moon then I'd better go back to the drawing board! Very deep dust, no gradients, nice clean blues. None of that is easy.

I wonder if you have thought of turning your longer focal length instrument onto the Iris itself and blending that in using Registar or otherwise? I did this and was pleased with the result.

Olly

Archived