Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Hastings!

jsmbshp

Hi all im new to this forum and indeed astronomy so i just wanted to say a big HELLO! from sunny Hastings on the south coast.

Im in the process of buying my first scope at the moment, a Celestron CPC 800 Gps, is this a good "all round" scope to start with? My interest is DSO's but to be honest all viewing excites me.

Anyone from round the Hastings area? :blob10:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy there, welcome aboard!

I know Hastings quite well, used to live near there and still got family that way. If you've ever been inside a betting shop there, you've probably met my dad! (the one tearing up his betting slip and bawling his eyes out!!)

That's a very nice scope you're looking at, the Celestron SCT's are excellent all-rounders IMO, I was really surprised at just how good the smaller 6 inch SCT was when getting it with a mount.

I was mainly interested in the mount at the time, but now I'd sooner give up the mount that the lovely SCT! I think you will be delighted.

Thanks all for the warm welcome! This site is brilliant and crammed full of useful info for a newbie like me!

Starstalker, are you a member of the local astronomy club (ESAS) in Bexhill?

no mate not yet,but i think they meet on the 1st thursday of the month at st marys school on the way to sidley

Hi Jsmbshp,

Welcome to the group you will find it friendly and informative. Best advise would be to look through as many scopes as possible before buying, maybe a star party or astronomical society meeting. Maybe DSO's would be better viewed with a widefield APO refractor especially if you want to get into imaging later....

atb

photonboy

Archived