740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Which scope for the Crescent eb (need quick replies)

Vega

Hi all

I cant make my mind up the best setup for the Crescent Nebula

Option 1: ED80, 400D

Option 2: 250px, 400D

Cant make my mind up which is best option, anyone tried the crescent with either of these setups?

Matt

hmmm very tempting Phsychobilly. If weather's good tomorrow night Im thinking of taking my gear somewhere more darker and maybe snap the Sagittarius or Scutum star clouds :o. Just need to find a solution for powering my laptop becuase the battery life is rubbish.

hmmm very tempting Phsychobilly. If weather's good tomorrow night Im thinking of taking my gear somewhere more darker and maybe snap the Sagittarius or Scutum star clouds :o. Just need to find a solution for powering my laptop becuase the battery life is rubbish.

I'm planning to do the same soon; thinking of picking up an invertor, you can get them from Maplin for £20-£30

Managed to get 28 x 5 min subs last night. Will process them this evening

... re: power for laptop. I bought an inverter for the lappy last month and had trouble with it. Its like its pulsing the power... laptop goes from AC mode to Battery mode every second! However the inverter works fine for my USB hub in AC mode. I read something in the manual about the inverter not working properly with devices that use rechargable batteries.. which a laptop comes under this category. Of course it could just be my 12v battery is not holding a decent charge.. its quite old. I'll try hooking it up to my car battery tonight ;-)

Matt