Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NexImage Gamma control not changeable.

Hi all,

As many others have experienced, Jupiter is a bright shiny blob when viewed through my NexImage.

Having read the many wise words here at Stargazers', I've sought to play about with both gamma and brightness...however, I hit a snag in that many of these controls are either greyed, or otherwise unchangeable....I am currently doomed to only see the shiny blob ! :o

I get the same scenario whether I use AmCap or K3CCD, so I'm suspecting a driver issue, yet in all other respects, I've successfully got the Philips driver on Windows 7....this on a Sony Vaio "built for Vista".

Have I missed something?...clearly, yes...but what, please folks?

Zad

Many thanks TheThing, Craterlet worked on a dry-run, and I now feel ready to face the shiny blob ! :o

For others' benefit, I had to disable my Viao's built-in webcam in Device Manager before Craterlet would see/use my NexImage as source, but it certainly did the business afterwards.

Didn't try ShapCap, but downloaded it for future reference.

Thanks again, and Clear Skies to you.

Zad

Archived