Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Uranus

Uranus visible with the naked eye? ive been trying to find uranus ive tried to the right of jupiter and up slightly,but nothing so was wondering if it is even slightly visible so i can have some sort of point of reference

Uranus visible with the naked eye? ive been trying to find uranus ive tried to the right of jupiter and up slightly,but nothing so was wondering if it is even slightly visible so i can have some sort of point of reference

I dont think it's a naked eye object for most people (mag 5.7) in the city but binocs (10 or 12 by 50's should easily show it.

don't forget that in a finder or bins it is likely to look just like a star.

I can see it in my 6x30mm finder. I am working off memory but it is indeed the first obvious star off to the right and up a bit from Jupiter. train your scope's finder on it (remembering it may be a reversed/upside down view through a straight finder) and see if the star you are looking at turns to an obvious greenish disc at maybe 150x.

Archived