SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Lewes

Barmyrob

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow

Thanks for the welcoming committe guys - you really needn't have!!!!

Have had a few clear nights recently and haven't done much more than have a look around and see if I can't find my way around - have definitely moved on from Moon, Orion, Plough!!!!!

Have been really enjoying watching Jupiter of an evening and even got my 25x10 sports bins out to have a look - and would you believe it - that things got moons! Was a truly memorable moment :)

Have tried to spot Mercury early mornings - but no luck yet with the weather.....

Been listening to the excellent Richard Pogge Introducing Astronomy podcasts - and I'm definitely a little the wiser - I now know why the moon always faces the same way - they've been really good.

Sadly was to busy to get down to the open weekend at Herstmonceaux but hey - I've got plenty of time. My first Astronomy OU course starts November - can't wait!

And I'll get some binos before I head down to Cornwall for a week at the beginning of October - maybe they'll have some clear skies - certainly should be less light pollution than the south east.

Rob

Archived