Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium and ASCOM

Ant

Since moving to Windows 7 I've been using SN4 Pro to control the HEQ5 (via the EQDIR / ASCOM).

It worked fine for months... So for a couple of sessions :)

Last night was clear, I wasn't tired so I thought I'd take the opportunity to 1. Get out under the stars and 2. Check that everything worked for Kelling.

Boy am I pleased that I did.

Everything worked flawlessly, ASCOM connected to the mount, PHD connected to the DMK, Maxim to the H9, Filterwheel OK. Both both camera's were par focal :o

Loaded up SN and went to connect to the telescope and everything is grayed out!!! Checked the plugin folder - plug is there. So this is the Quicktime issue again...

I uninstalled Quicktime and reinstalled from the SN CD - but get an issue Quicktime failed to to do something or other (uninstalled and reinstalled several times), even did a system restore...

So I have decided that SN4 is probably not going to be fixed in time for Kelling.

I also have Stellarium, I don't seem to have any options for connecting to ASCOM.

Can anyone give me some pointers please? I have a week to sort this out.

Cheers

Ant

Cheers all...

Got Stellarium scope working - but with the simulator scope as I didn't have the scope in my office.

When I'm back home I'll try it out with the scope for real.

What I haven't worked out yet is how to get the scope to move to an object from within Stellarium (I can only find a RA/DEC goto)?!? But I'm sure I'll get there...

Once again thanks for everyones help.

Ant

Thats assuming that I set the three scopes up in the same order as the example...

I know that I set three up (which seemed odd to me). But I did it anyway.

So assuming I did set them up in the same way.

I find the object that I want to move the scope to in Stellarium - centre it and then click CTRL+1..?

Have I understood that right?

Cheers

Ant

Click on the object in Stellarium - or use the search window, then CTRL+1 to slew scope to object. If all setup ok you should see your scope cross hair move across the screen to the object - indeed you should see your actual scope move as well(in an ideal world):o

I think you have to setup 3 scopes for all the commands because Stellarium its self only had goto built in (not sync or stop)

Archived