Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium

I've just down loaded stellarium as alot of people here seem to use it I was wondering do you have to put in youre own coridinates for your location if so how do you do it as the one I have is set in france or is that the way its supposed to be.

No you can choose your location.

There are a bunch of preset locations defined already. To Choose one:

1) Press F6

2) Next to magnifying glass enter your city it will then give you a set of matching locations.

3) Choose a location

4) Make sure the "Use as Default" checkbox is checked.

If your location is not in there then you'll unfortunately have to find out your co-ordinates (Google Maps?).

Athar

No you can choose your location.

There are a bunch of preset locations defined already. To Choose one:

1) Press F6

2) Next to magnifying glass enter your city it will then give you a set of matching locations.

3) Choose a location

4) Make sure the "Use as Default" checkbox is checked.

If your location is not in there then you'll unfortunately have to find out your co-ordinates (Google Maps?).

Athar

Was about to ask the same question until I saw this thread and then this helpful reply :o. Just gotten mine sorted, was hoping to have Saturn within view before I hit the sack tonight but not to be for a fair few hours, and my Binos been buried by a ton of toys and clothes from my sons room.

Helpful program to help learn the night sky:iamwithstupid:

Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived