SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter - NexImage and auto-tracking dob

AllanJ

I have been very impressed with how well my Skywatcher 250 auto-tracking dob can hold on to an object - as long as it it set up carefully - so I put NexImage (which I'm still getting used to) plus a 2xBarlow in, and managed to produce this image of Jupiter. It's from 1200 stacked frames off three AVIs at 10fps, recorded quickly one after another but still possibly lost a bit due to rotation.

Allan

post-14543-133877477105_thumb.jpg

Stuart - I can't give a definitive answer on this as I only have a 2x - but I put a Baader Hyperion 13mm onto the Barlow and it tracked well. I think it needs a bit of counterbalancing, especially on a low target. I suggest you put this query as a new thread and you'll probably get useful responses.

Allan

Stuart - I can't give a definitive answer on this as I only have a 2x - but I put a Baader Hyperion 13mm onto the Barlow and it tracked well. I think it needs a bit of counterbalancing, especially on a low target. I suggest you put this query as a new thread and you'll probably get useful responses.

Allan

Cheers Allen, I did put a thread out a while ago but there seems very few people imaging with the auto Dob. Just wondering if it will be any better than my skymax 127...in theory it should but only if the tracking can take advantage of the extra aperture.

Archived