NGC 281 - The Pacman Nebula *Unguided*

Deneb

Hi

It was quite blustery last, but due to the weight of the MN190 it helped to compensate the vibrations compared to my past newtonians.

I took this shot of NGC 281 located in Cassiopeia, using a modded 450D, 70x 2mins Subs, 15x Flats & 15 Bias @ISO1600.

pacman_orig_mn1901024px.jpg

pacman_orig_mn1901024pxcrop.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away from the clusters and into nebulae now Nadeem, and what a great image :mad:

There is a lovely smoothness to it which is a result of using many subs. This is a great example of just what it means to have a lot of subs, even short ones.

Top work sir ;)

Cheers

Rob

Should think so, the only thing your doing is just doubling the time & lessening the noise.

But you would have to experiment with a guiding setup, but I would not know about that..

Nadeem.

I did not use any type of dss setting for this, I usually leave dss on it's defaults apart from ticking the option for a modded camera & usually stack with auto adaptive weighted average, I hardly stack dark frames as they can be noisy...

Nadeem.

Archived