sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

My 1st Jupiter

Catanonia

All last year she was below my treeline, but this year big old Jupiter popped over the hedge for me to take a few avi's

Not using proffessional stuff here, only a ED120 with 900mm and 5mm eye piece and a color web cam stuffed into the eyepiece ;)

But got over 2000 frames and stacked 300 of them to give me this image.

Believe it or not, this is the 1st time I have actually seen Jupiter through the eyepiece and I had to get the wifey out of bed to have a look as well :mad:

Well here it is, my 1st ever Jupiter.

post-16631-133877476558_thumb.jpg

All last year she was below my treeline, but this year big old Jupiter popped over the hedge for me to take a few avi's

great image esp for afocal,

wud be interesting to see difference with prime focus shot,

BTW, Jupiter and other Planets in our Solar System are said to be Male, except Venus ofcourse

James

Great image! How did you atach the web cam to the eye piece?

Gavin

Got an old plastic clear EP end cover and butchered it. Removed the eye relief rubber and pushed it on to the EP barrel and then plugged on the web cam.

Going to have a go with my qhy5 and 2inch filters at prime with a 3x televue on my ed120 if I can work out how to attach and control the QHY9 filter wheel without the QHY9 CCD.

Great result

I can't believe you are ignoring the QHY9, poor thing :o

There has been great planetary stuff popping up on the QHY forum with the QHY5, if it's not the "v" version you may be a slower frame rate (15fps vs 25fps something like that?) but should still do a good job

I wonder what you would get with the ED120 plus 4x barlow on the QHY5?

Great result

I can't believe you are ignoring the QHY9, poor thing :blob10:

There has been great planetary stuff popping up on the QHY forum with the QHY5, if it's not the "v" version you may be a slower frame rate (15fps vs 25fps something like that?) but should still do a good job

I wonder what you would get with the ED120 plus 4x barlow on the QHY5?

lol ,the QHY9 is getting a decent work out :)

mmmm, only have a 3x barlow and will give that a go.

Wanted to put on the QHY5, but I can't get my 2inch filters to attach to the it. Need some kinda extension mount. Might have a go at mono QHY5 images on Jupiter with 4x.

Edited by Catanonia