Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt at the Moon with prime focus

Retrodan16

Hello all, I took this last night, first time using the camera attached directly to the telescope. Not perfect I know, but I'm so pleased with the results as they came out far batter than I had hoped, and it was so much easier than I thought it would be. After trying lots of different settings I finally got some shots that looked ok. I probably took about 100 photos last night and I might have 10 or so that were usable. I even got a fuzzy photo of Jupiter! I'm not sure how to improve this any more so I'm leaving it as it is for now. Any tips for better results next time gratefully received!

IMG_0050copy.jpg

Snap! So did I. They seem to give good results on the little that I have done with mine so far.

You certainly seem to have got a good result with the Moon. It seems that "trial and error" is the way to go as every combination of kit and conditions is different!

I am really pleased with the camera. I've learnt more about photography using the DSLR than I ever did with a compact or a bridge camera. I enjoy the trial and error part rather than get frustrated with it, as I have an idea what to go with next time.

The only trouble is, I have lots of photos with slightly different settings and results, it's hard to decide which is closest to the real thing, and once you look at them on the computer...the editing possiblities seem endless! I really never expected pictures to come out this sharp, and they are huge!

• 2 weeks later...
Thankyou! I'm so pleased I cant stop looking at it and I've had a printout made as well.

I did the same, too :eek:. I got a 1000D a couple of months back. You worked out how to take a snap without the shutter causing a wobble? :D

Great shot!

Archived