SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bargain Watch

OXO

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My work has a stall at a local Xmas Fayre; while there, I met a man selling quality knitted half-finger gloves with 3M Thinsulate (40 gram) inner insulation...  For only £2

I dunno bout you but I find it difficult to find these on the High St. 

Tomorrow is the last day that I am there so if anyone at the Star Party would like a pair, please let me know before 6am tomorrow (I have already got a pair for you Greg :clouds1:). 

Grey or Charcol for the fashion conscious among you!

Steve :clouds1:

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey, it's taken me ages to find this thread.... :clouds2:

OK, Millets have some disposable hand warmers currently in stock - £1.49 for 2. It's a little bag thing that you shake for a couple of minutes but lasts for hours, and I mean hours!! I used one this morning at 6:30 after scraping ice off car and it was still hot at 6pm (the packet says 8 hours!!)

Worth a little investment for these chilly nights!

• 5 weeks later...

http://tinyurl.com/agxop

Thats 170 quid for a full GOTO mount that will take a 10" Newt or a 6" frac!!!

Looks like the original LXD55 mount, in which case the bearings are not great and it would probably struggle with those scopes. OK for lighter tubes though and you can't knock the price.

(The new LXD75 mount/tripod (white) is much tougher)

Steve

Yep Steve its a LXD55. Don't tell Meade that mount would struggle with a 10" reflector or a 6" frac - they sold those scopes on that mount for years!! :lol:*

*To be fair those scopes were the biggest sold on those mounts and if you buy the biggest scope for a given mount youre asking for the shakes.....

Don't tell Meade that mount would struggle with a 10" reflector or a 6" frac - they sold those scopes on that mount for years!! :lol:*

Yes, but 'I' never sold that combination :lol:

Besides, it must be common knowledge at Meade otherwise they wouldnt have upgraded it..

Steve

Don't tell Meade that mount would struggle with a 10" reflector or a 6" frac - they sold those scopes on that mount for years!! :lol:*

Yes, but 'I' never sold that combination :lol:

Besides, it must be common knowledge at Meade otherwise they wouldnt have upgraded it..

Steve

LOL! Touche!! A salesman with a conscience eh? :lol:

It was common knowledge I think, forums used to be full of people either moaning about faults or asking how to strip the mount down!!

..I'd take a chance for £170 though.... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived