SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello

cottongt

Hi, just thought i would say hi to everyone.

Astronomy has always been a interest of mine but i never had the money to buy any equipment. But now i have left uni and have a job, i can start spending my hard earned cash, so you may see a few threads starting up regarding 'scope choices if i get too stuck on which one to buy.

Oh, im from south east england with all the rain and clouds ;)

Neil

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Neil and welcome to the forum.

Take your time in researching the kit but better still, get along to your local astro club for an observation evening, attend a star party or seek out a local observing group, all of who can help reveal what you are going to see for a given aperture/budget. No need to rush as the stars aren't going anywhere!!

Clear skies in the meantime

James

Welcome Neil.

While you think about a telescope but don't decide for any specific size/apperture or telescope design, think about buying binoculars. A pair of inexpensive 10X50 is just fine and will already show you a lot on the night sky and allow you to get to know it. This way, when later you hava a telescope, you already know your way.

Enjoy this amzing hobby.

Rui

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yer there's no rush to buy anything, just trying to find what's suitable for me. binoculars are a good idea, my birthday is in two weeks so I'll ask for a pair to get me around the sky first.

Archived