Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Coast Astro - September Obs

russ

Just a heads up that we have our September Obs session on Saturday the 4th September. If the weather is kind ;) we should have a great time with the longer nights. Catch the summer stuff at the start of the night and first glimpse of the Winter stuff at the end.

For those who attended Salisbury, our dark sky site at Turf Hill is about on a par with Six Penny.....or in other words, very good. :mad:

Should be a good range of scopes as there's a fair few people already confirmed for this one.

Drop me a PM if you want to know more :mad:

We had a short session last night just in case the weather didn't pan out for Saturday night. Things looked bad early on but the skies cleared and we had a great couple of hours. Dew was a problem, lots of dewed up eyepieces. But well worth it for the incredible view of the Milkyway. Jupiter also impressed towards the end of the session.

Hopefully Saturday will be okay and last night was just for starters.

russ-albums-scag-picture6425-scopes-harry-tim-nice-sunset-turf-hill.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

SCAG held another session on the 11th September. All went well except i didn't make it. :D But the group had a really good (except terrible dew problems) session.

Next main session will be early October but we are looking to add other sessions now the long dark nights are back.

russ-albums-scag-picture6513-martyns-konus-130-turf-hill.jpg

Hi Russ,

I have only just joined and reading through various posts came across yours about Turf Hill which is not far from me.

I need some advice about changing to dobs, when is your next meeting at Turf Hill?

Peter.

Hi

Next meet is the 2nd or 9th of october depending on weather :)

Archived