The Bubble Nebula *Unguided*

Deneb

Hi

I took this of NGC 7635 - The Bubble Nebula located in Cassiopeia. The shot was taken a couple of nights ago, a full moon but the sky had good transperancy. Even though M52 is seen in the lower left of the picture, my primary aim was to image the Bubble. Taken with the Skywatcher MN190 & 450D, 60x2mins Subs, 15x Flats & 15x Bias. While processing I have tried to squeeze much data out of it as possible, while trying not to stretch the image too much. I want to do another session on this as the outer regions of the nebula are starting to show.

Bubble_v2gx1024.jpg

Bubble_v21024.jpg

Bubble_v2gx_crop-1.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another nice one Nadeem! You are picking up some nice structure in the outer stuff.

Also you've done really well to process out the moon glow. I was imaging the Cocoon on the same night (same sub length) but finding it incredibly difficult to extract any detail - the first curves stretch leaves me with a big, white mess.

Terrific result. That really is an impressive picture and shows what can be done unguided.

I don't know if you know the 'offset' trick in Ps to reduce elongation - and you might not approve of it - but it might be of use to you on occasion.

Olly

If anybody wanted further proof of the MN190's capabilities, this pic has it!

Very nice Nadeem.

Thank you Tim & Others - your comments are very encouraging.

Im glad I decided to go with the MN190 over the 120ED (no offence to 120ED users). The MN190 gives very flat field images out of the box & the contrast views are superb.

PS: I have updated the pic, with a close up shot.. & another slight re-edit of the main shot.

Cheers

Nadeem.

It means it is tracking using the mounts motors but there is no software or other cameras correcting, guiding, the tracking so that it is more accurate.

And i hope to god nadeem doesn't ever start using guiding because if he can produce these images unguided i hate to think how good the guided ones could be....but then its not needed!

And i hope to god nadeem doesn't ever start using guiding because if he can produce these images unguided i hate to think how good the guided ones could be....but then its not needed!

Actually I've got myself a guidescope, just saving my pennies for a synguider - Im in no rush.. Over a life time of stuff out there to image & you guys want to rush into imaging stuff, shame on you. ;):evil6::mad:

Nadeem.

Archived