SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What do you think of this...

Hello.

I'm thinking of replacing my 'basic' star diagonal that shipped with my sky-watcher startravel scope, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts about this as it seems a bit cheap and wondered if it would be worth replacing mine, anyway, here is the link...

Tal 90 degree Star Diagonal (1.25 inch / 31.7mm) (375) - Warehouse Express

Any comments welcome. :D

Thanks.

Richard.

That looks very much like the Standard Skywatcher diagonal.

The nosepiece (the "chrome" bit) looks plasticky in the picture - if that's the case then it's a very basic unit - which is what you would expect for the price to be fair.

Either way, I doubt you would see much difference between it and your current unit in performance.

That looks very much like the Standard Skywatcher diagonal.

The nosepiece (the "chrome" bit) looks plasticky in the picture - if that's the case then it's a very basic unit - which is what you would expect for the price to be fair.

Either way, I doubt you would see much difference between it and your current unit in performance.

Yes, my thoughts also.

I'll give that a miss then! :)

(nice vixen scope by the way :D)

Hello.

I'm thinking of replacing my 'basic' star diagonal that shipped with my sky-watcher startravel scope, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts about this as it seems a bit cheap and wondered if it would be worth replacing mine, anyway, here is the link...

Tal 90 degree Star Diagonal (1.25 inch / 31.7mm) (375) - Warehouse Express

Any comments welcome. :D

Thanks.

Richard.

My only comment is dont use warehouse express.

Archived