SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Asteroid Dyson

Asteroid Dyson..

Strange evening i was expecting to be out amongst the stars but alas the clouds rolled in. Just before checking outside i had my mouse button ready too free up some room on my H/D and was waving it over my Naff M31 images/Folder but thought Mmm if it's crud outside i will reprocess these images for something to do and left em.

Well coming back in from the Drizzle outside i went about processing the M31 frames, stuck em in Registax and let it go off processing, a quick trip too the kitchen for a Brew i come back in and look how Registax is going on. Bang noticed whilst Registax was running it's alignment a white Dot moving close by M31 :shock: What is that i asked myself :)...

After some processing with Image Ready i got an animation going, first one was a quick one missing out some frames as i was keen to see what was going on. After the Process was done iam left thinking Asteroid and after checking all possibilities it has to be no other explanation.

Ive now included ALL frames for the Animation, as i said in an earlier post i went about imaging M31 [removed word] nilly and stopped and started imaging M31 as conditions were poor and i was tired hence the jump in movements in the Animation...

Pleased as punch and will be submitting it to the relevant governors on such things for further investigation..

Hope you enjoy, Ive kept it as small a file as poss and is now only just over 1MB with all frames inc..

http://stargazerslounge.co.uk/uploads/JDASTEROID2.gif

Regards

James

James, I'm not sure what you've captured ? I had a look at the GIF and there are another 2 objects moving in the same direction one near the top and another which appears below the galaxy near the end of the gif.

The objects seems a little sharper than the stars so it leads me to believe it could be an artifact during stacking or hardware?

Did you get any feedback elsewhere?

I'll go and Check mate, no feedback from anywhere else yet as such..

Interesting there's other objects can't see it being artifacts though as there are none on the images taken the same evening and around the same time too..

Puzzled lol.

Thanks

James

The objects seems a little sharper than the stars so it leads me to believe it could be an artifact during stacking or hardware?

The images are Raw mate no stacking etc etc just cropped for the Animation..

Just been looking at the frames up close there is deff another object/whatever there and also a hint of one more, iam at a loss what they are i would put them down to artifacts but like i said there not there from other images on the same night so Temps etc etc were the same..

James

Archived