Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Arciz

Hello from Cumbria :)

Hey everyone!

Well, I thought it's time I made an introductory topic, since I got my first telescope a few days ago! I live in an area with almost no light pollution (only from nearby villages) so I get a great view, when it isn't cloudy!

Anyways, my new scope's a Skywatcher 150P Reflector on an Equatorial mount.

** Image **

The first night after we bought it was nicely clear, and I saw Jupiter (with 3 of the Galilean moons) which really made my day, as well as Andromeda and a few open clusters a planetary nebula (can't remember the names off the top of my head!).

I've also joined the Cumbrian Skies group on here to keep up to date with local news and all that. :D

Thanks for reading, though! I look forward to getting to know some of you!~

-Iz

Hi and welcome, I'll be staying in Keswick very soon for a break, hoping to have a scope sorted by then. Opened my eyes how much detail you could see last year compared to my local night sky, its what rekindled my interest tbh.

Welcome Arciz

I'm in Barrow in Furness and usually go imaging/Observing at Birkrigg Common. Not sure where your at?

Welcome to Cumbrian Skies, and look forward to Your posts.

Ray

Hi Iz and welcome to the forum. Glad you had an opportunity to use your scope in anger given the recent weather conditions.

Wishing you clear skies for your future observations.

James

Welcome from North Hampshire Iz - I am staying on Windermere on my way up to Scotland at the end of next month and looking forward to your Cumbrian skies! Enjoy your scope, looks really nice :-)

Welcome to the SGL Forum Iz. Another Cumbrian, we are getting quite a contingent from the County now.

Enjoy your new scope, and the datk skies you have will certainly help there.

Ron.:D

Hi Iz,

A very warm welcome to SGL, nice scope and you look to be well located in the country with easy vehicle access, enjoy the forum.

John.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! ^^

I'm very pleased with the scope, I can't wait for the skies to become clear again to try it out some more. :D

Hi everyone,

Thought it was time I joined in the fun :-) Frustrated martian amateur astronomer "astro-poet" and Whovian Stu here, Secretary of Kendal's Eddington AS. Looking forward to joining in the chat with all of you and enjoying the dark nights ahead... :-)