Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Cumbria :)

Arciz

Hey everyone!

Well, I thought it's time I made an introductory topic, since I got my first telescope a few days ago! I live in an area with almost no light pollution (only from nearby villages) so I get a great view, when it isn't cloudy!

Anyways, my new scope's a Skywatcher 150P Reflector on an Equatorial mount.

** Image **

The first night after we bought it was nicely clear, and I saw Jupiter (with 3 of the Galilean moons) which really made my day, as well as Andromeda and a few open clusters a planetary nebula (can't remember the names off the top of my head!).

I've also joined the Cumbrian Skies group on here to keep up to date with local news and all that. :D

Thanks for reading, though! I look forward to getting to know some of you!~

-Iz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome, I'll be staying in Keswick very soon for a break, hoping to have a scope sorted by then. Opened my eyes how much detail you could see last year compared to my local night sky, its what rekindled my interest tbh.

Hi everyone,

Thought it was time I joined in the fun :-) Frustrated martian amateur astronomer "astro-poet" and Whovian Stu here, Secretary of Kendal's Eddington AS. Looking forward to joining in the chat with all of you and enjoying the dark nights ahead... :-)

Archived