Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Buzz Dark Night

Hello from Lincoln! (Another returning child of the 60's)

Hello Everyone

Neil Armstrong walked on the Moon when I was 9 years old and I was mad keen on all things to do with the Monn and Space. I did a little astronomy at school as our Maths teacher was an astronomer.

Discovered women, booze and various other distractions as I got older!! Now I am able to slow down a little and rekindle my interest and wonder in the night skies. I have been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to introduce myself and take part, obviously I will ask the odd stupid question as I learn but Hey Ho! we all have to start somewhere.

I have just bought a Meade LS 6 ACF to start off with as the media package will help me learn about what I am looking at :D Provided the skies ever clear!!

Best Regards :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Cardconvict - I live in a village about 15 miles south / east of the city where we enjoy pretty dark skies. Are you a member of Lincoln Astro Club?

Regards

i would love to live out that far, the light pollution in lincoln is shocking.with lincoln astro club the answer is no i have thought about it but never really got round to going up there

Welcome from North Hampshire :-) was looking at some nice DSO's through one of those Telescopes yesterday via a web broadcast - Very nice scope

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Wishing you clear skies for your new kit!

James

Hi Buzz,

A very warm welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the forum.

John.

Welcome Buzz.

Don't let that scope gather any dust. give it good use.

Hi everyone

Scope arrived this morning and even though I 'work' from home I have not had chance to unpack the boxes (bigger than I expected!). Damp and cloudy here today I hope it clears by tonight and I can have chance to have a go with my new kit!

Regards

I live in Collyweston near Stamford hence the name :D I also enjoy dark skies when its not raining, windy and cloudy at the same time like it is now lol

Steve

Welcome to the forum from Staffordshire Buzz. My reaction when my scope arrived was very similar - it looked far bigger in real life than in the picture!