SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Old newbie

black5f

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only attachments could be made as quickly as you can read the instructions. I bet it's not quite as straighforward in reality. You have my instant admiration! Welcome to SGL Tom.

Cheers for the comment. It's not too bad, it's addicitve though! I could buy one, more fun to make one. I have a number of pastimes that usually end up bent over a mill or a lathe. I am frequently asking myself if the hobby in question is just an excuse to make bits and scrounge offcuts! I was considering building a scope but am being very very good and forcing myself to get a decent one, thats already finished, get outside and look at some planets ;)

Tom

Hi Black5f,

A very warm welcome to SGL, I have the NY Moors railway a few miles away, so I can still keep in touch with live steam, enjoy the forum.

John.

NYM is one of my favorites. Basically if it boils water and needs stoking, it's got my attention!

Tom

Was almost ordering a 150PDS from FLO, was thinking PL but PDS more managable I think and I like the crayford. Then the nice man suggested a SW Mak.

More decisions, help needed! I know this shoudl eb in the advice section but it's lonely over there:confused:

Archived