Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Whilst diddling with my setup I started trying out the motorised HEQ5 mount, plugged in the fully charged battery pack and pressed some buttons, although I can hear some noise its quite faint and I dont think I can detect any movement in the Dec plane, altho it makes noise in X2 and X8 its makes almost none in X16. Is this normal?

Also is it possible for the motors to go in faster movements or is it just for fine adjustment.

Scotty

It's almost impossible to *look* at the mount and see it moving. Put a scope on it and an EP and look at something in the distance - it's the only way to check it's working. On mine yes, the 8x is quieter than the 4x and 2x. That's all you get as well - the drives are only for tracking (Ra) and centring (both) not slewing.

Arthur

You can get the mount to go faster, but that involves the SKYSCAN upgrade - See Steve at FLO (link at top of page) for more details and prices etc.

It is worth the money, I have the standard HEQ5 and Russ has the HEQ5 Skyscan - his moves at a slewing speed of x800 - yours and mine is x16. You can move the scope around really well with the skyscan.

Ant

Hi, I have just bought a scope with the HEQ5 mount. Im not sure if im just being dumb, but, I followed the instructions on connecting the mount to the tripod which only seens to connect one way. What seems odd to me is that one of the tripod legs is labeled N (North) and is in alignment with the counter weight pole so when the weights are added it restricts movement of the scope. Is this correct or do I have a faulty mount?

Archived