Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 from SSP First go at guiding!

SlipperySquid

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one Squid Lad! Really good pic. I'm back on the trail myself now up against lots of problems as usual! Gonna have to get a HEQ5 for my 200P if thats the kind of work that can be obtained with it, well done mate. I'm looking forward to going to a Star Party at some point, but I warn you, me+beer= Drunken Astronomy and Dob conversations :)

Hi Matt,

Well done with the capture, I think its an amazing result, especially since you were severely handicapped by your NIKON camera ;-)

Guiding -> Imaging -> Changing batteries left right and center and of course all followed with the occasional drink...

The new mount worked out well even with the steep learning curve. I'm sure that you will eventually move on the bigger and better images now that you have cracked auto-guiding.

However, just remember if anything CAN A CANON CAN!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the great comments!

Was really great meeting you all at SSP! Cant wait to do it al again and Lucksall!

Still at it and trying EQMOD at the moment even got a funky special edition "Call of duty modern warfare" limited edition wireless gamepad to control the mount, so I'm now "down with the kids" in the cool stakes ;)

Here's to clear skies and no blummin full moon!

Archived