Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Getting to grips with new CCD now : Veil Nebula

Catanonia

Hopefully I am going to add another 4 or more hours to this tonight.

But here is LRGB (40:25:35:35) Lost a few red subs :)

Taken on the Skywatcher ED120 Diamond 900mm F7.5 with QHY9 and 2inch filter set.

Guided OAG with a QHY5 / PHD and EQ6 pro mount in Sandbach on 15th August 2010

A little work with Maxim and CS5, but not too much.

Hopefully I managed to get proper star colours here, been struggling recently.

Hope you like, been ages since I took images due to the rubbish weather in our parts. So a bit rusty.

post-16631-13387747064_thumb.jpg

Your doing really well with that setup, that's a cracker. The ED120 looks like it has much cleaner optics than the EQ80, I don't see any strange diffraction patterns I get on mine from the mirror clips.

The stars look fine on the bottom half but maybe slightly greener on the top half? It could be rotation of some kind of alignment issue?

I'm not looking forward to any kind of RGB or HaOIIISII alignment with my mono cam, I've tried it before and found it really hard

How are you aligning them? Might be worth having a go at Registar, everybody on here raves about it: RegiStar Home Page

Your doing really well with that setup, that's a cracker. The ED120 looks like it has much cleaner optics than the EQ80, I don't see any strange diffraction patterns I get on mine from the mirror clips.

The stars look fine on the bottom half but maybe slightly greener on the top half? It could be rotation of some kind of alignment issue?

I'm not looking forward to any kind of RGB or HaOIIISII alignment with my mono cam, I've tried it before and found it really hard

How are you aligning them? Might be worth having a go at Registar, everybody on here raves about it: RegiStar Home Page

Thanks everyone, was quite surprised that a few hours gave this.

Euan, I am using DSS to stack each channel individually and then MaximDL 5 to merge / align the 4 channels to give LRGB.

There is some green tinge on the upper half, but doesn't seem to be alignment issues, not too sure what it is, perhaps it should be there ? I dunno ?

Archived