Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter skywatcher 150 mak

DaveGibbons

Dusted out the webcam and took a few shots of Jupiter last night with my skywatcher 150 mak. Seeing was below average and images taken just after midnight so elevation of planet still fairly low. I had hoped to obtain better than these but seeing just went downhill as the night went on. Basic unmodded toucam on a driven eq5 mount no barlow used so smallish image size. I am sure I can get better images on a good night as scope is optically excellent and has split doubles down to 0.8 arc seconds earlier in the week. At least you can see the red spot! One colour and one black and white image.

cheers

Dave

jupiter3.bmp

jupiter4.bmp

post-12720-13387746997_thumb.jpg

post-12720-133877469976_thumb.jpg

The SW 6" Mak. Is obviously a great scope. The Images may be small, but they are excellent just the same.

The coloured second one reveals the GRS well, and the banding is very prominent. The SEB isn't back, but signs are it won't be too long in returning.

Scope, Toucam and yourself, did a good job here Dave.:p

Ron.

Archived