SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Entering IC numbers on SLT handset?

Hi peeps, was out last night having a little tour of the sky and I could not find out how to enter IC numbers on the SLT handset is this something that is not on this type of handset? Do I need to do an update? or is it not there?

Thanks

Aaron

Hi

Just checking the manual ... It does not seem to mention IC objects ... unless they are located under "List" ... not plugged in at the moment, but will check when I set up this evening and see if I can find it ... I know the SLT database is somewhat "limited"

Thanks DP - I was wondering if an update may add them, just means star hopping to the object which I should be learning to do anyway!

I was looking for Elephant's Trunk nebula - IC1396 assuming at a mag of 3.5 I would see it....

Aaron

I've not yet worked out how to enter IC numbers (like the RA/Dec idea though, I'd not thought of that too...it's obvious really!)...so will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone has worked it out.

I had a look last night ... cannot see any reference to IC catalogue within the "List" ... I did wonder about "Named objects", but ETN was not there

Have just had another thought ... wonder if it is listed under the appropriate constellation objects (have never explored this option, so have no idea)?

Archived