Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

If you has a time machine...

ColB

Sorry if this has been done before.

You have access to a (one use) time machine, you can travel any amount of time into the future or the past but your final destination is a place on Earth. You have access to lfe support systems if nesseccary and can return whenever you want so no need to worry about that.

So, where do you go? Battle of Agincort? London 5000 years into the future? Bethlehem 0BC?

Just for fun :p

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go back to late 1990 and kidnap Screen writer Edmond Stevens and Director David Greene before they had a chance to start work on the remake of Night of the Hunter. Thereby, averting a crime against humanity.

Go into the future and get the next few weeks lottery numbers!!!
Why not just go back to yesterday morning already knowing this week's results?

Me? Well I wouldn't want to go myself (I was there), but I'd send all the "lunar landing hoax" consipracy theorists back to July 20, 1969 ....

id travel back to 1981 when i was 12.... knowing then what i know now, id change all those things i didnt do and should have done and things i shouldnt have done but did anyway. Id have ignored my mum when she said i shouldnt go for a trial at Mosely Rugby club because 'you'll get hurt'.... id have concentarted more on school stuff instead of science fiction and comics... i wouldnt have cheated on my first long-term girlfriend when i was 17, she turned into a real stunner some years later, i wouldnt have bought an austin allegro as a first car...i defiantely wouldnt have married my first wife, thats a no brainer! I would have spent more time with my mum, its true you regret all the things you didnt do or say only when theyre gone. I would have thoroughly questioned my grandparents about their parents so i wouldnt have had to spend the last 10 years researching my family tree from scratch.... But then if id done it differently maybe i wouldnt have joined the navy and travelled round the world by the time i was 20, i wouldnt have married my second wife and had my gorgeous girls, i wouldnt be a paramedic, a job i love now perhaps? Thats the thing about the past, its best in the past, life is only life when you learn from your mistakes... jeez thats deep for 1215 on a Sunday!

630AD, Madinah, Saudi Arabia :p

and wouldn't want to return

What happened there and then?

Personally, I find the lottery idea quite compelling. We just need to make sure we're not all travelling the same weekend or we'd have to share the jackpot.

Alternatively, I'd like to travel to the future, say 200 or 300 years from now and see if we manage to come up with some Star Trek like space travel and whether we'll meet extraterrestrial life.

I'd go forward to the future to a time when they'd perfected "both ways" time travel. Then I'd use that technology to travel back/forwards at any time I please. I'd probably visit "now" now and again to stay in touch with "her indoors" and pick up winning lottery numbers whenever I ran short of reddies. I'd take Galilleo a Plane Wave goto astrograph just to cheer him up in his confinement. And most likely visit a few notable "women in history" for a cup of tea and a good "chin wag" lol :p

From an astronomy point of view I would like to observe William Herschel in action especially the night he discovered Uranus. It would also be great to see the night sky from his home in Bath which would have had no light pollution.

Mark

PS - Llamanaut that was deep for a sunday morning!!

I suppose - keeping to the astronomy angle - 1572, or 1054, or 1006, etc. - might be quite interesting. But perhaps as a spectacle, a bit disappointing: after all, we're all so accustomed now to out-of-place 'stars' in the sky (mostly aircraft, satellites...)

Stepping away from astronomy, maybe I'd nominate 22 November 1963, on the Grassy Knoll. I'd just like to know what really happened...

We went to the Grassy Knoll in 96 on the anniversary of the shooting. Met and spoke with some of the then surviving eye witnesses.

Our research suggest it was a sure conspiracy with at least two shooters plus Oswald, loads of unanswered questions, dissinformation, dissapearing witnesses, missing evidence, and implied involvement by at least three major agencies.

Oswald was either incompetent or a "well chosen" fall guy imho. :p

I would go back around 4.1 to 3.8 billion years ago to the Late Heavy Bombardment, to watch a planetoid hit earth and form the moon (I'd have to be in a high orbit of cause), also watch all the other hundreds of planets collide. Must of been an awesome site.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGLdDGJpcRBG9NVxyu_NATjjZr5Eb9ktOKb6YAyS0HWlcgmho&t=1&usg=__DZsaQopIREGzj1uqLCh5Bg6wBNs=

Archived