SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Found Uranus

badgerchap

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awsome viewing last night (31st ) waited up with the kids to glimps jupiter and the moons, and could see clearly, with IO just clipping the edge of jupiter, then later on around midnight i had another peek, and IO was alot further away - I thought i'd try Uranus and WOW.. managed to get a nice view of the disc and colour -blown away..

awsome viewing last night (31st ) waited up with the kids to glimps jupiter and the moons, and could see clearly, with IO just clipping the edge of jupiter, then later on around midnight i had another peek, and IO was alot further away - I thought i'd try Uranus and WOW.. managed to get a nice view of the disc and colour -blown away..

Yes, I saw the same thing, Io coming out from Jupiter, watched it for about 1/2 an hour. Saw the red spot in my 127 mak + baader 12.5 mm ortho but it was touch and go. The 7mm ortho was hopeless.

Archived