Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my big bang theory

Right i am no scientist and have no phd (which will probably show :p) but here is my big bang theory.

Ok i do not and cannot believe that every thing we know and see came from nothing ! what i believe is that we sit in the middle of something so vast and beautiful that we just cannot comprehend the shear scheme of things......let me explain.

Scientists have long believed and subscribe to there being a quantum universe of the infinitely small where some laws of physics and Einstein's theory of relativity do not work but they still say it exists im making this point as it becomes relevant later.

So if there is a quantum universe why not a infinitely huge universe a place of super hyper giant stars ? im not suggesting multiverses as i believe it all to be the same place just different size scales so lets just look within our universe we observe many things but nothing more explosive and powerful than a super nova.what i believe to have happened in the infinitely large universe is a super hyper giant star went in to super nova OUR BIG BANG providing all the raw materials to create everything we know interesting though is it not ? after all we see supernova creating the building blocks for stellar nurseries in our own universe and nature plays its self out on many different levels and it would explain quite a few things.

1. Q. what is the universe expanding in to ?

A. the infinitely huge universe.

2. Q. why can we only trace the big bang back to .45 of a seconds after the big bang.

A. because it was a unstable hyper giant star milliseconds before it went supa nova.

I know people are going to say why can we not see this huge universe if it is soooo big well if you consider we cannot even see the very outer reaches of our own universe theres your answer.

there is a bit more to my theory but im not that good at explaining it in writing but thats the bones of it.

again just my thoughts just taking in observations on what we know to be true and expanding on them and not just picking theories out of the air on assumptions.

thanks for listening to my ramblings :)

chris

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My next question would be...

If our universe is part of a bigger universe....then what is that universe part of and where did it come from :p

yes quite mind blowing isn't it !!!!!.

But what im trying to say is instead of all these string theories and multiverses why do scientists not simplify there thinking a little and look whats happens all around us is it so inconceivable that this could be the case that our big bang was a gigantic super nova after all the theories of how big star can be do to the models and predictions are blown away every time i open a copy of the sky at night just in septembers edition they have found a blue dwarf star that was thought to be 300 times the mass of the sun and 150 solar masses above the theoretical limit a star could achieve .

chris

So you are saying our universe came from a supernova, a giant star exploding.

If so there is no where near enough energy produced to make a universe. There are loads of supernova's some from very massive stars so are there universes around these stars.

In the middle of our milky way is a black hole caused by a supernova and we have no seperate universe.

So you are saying our universe came from a supernova, a giant star exploding.

If so there is no where near enough energy produced to make a universe. There are loads of supernova's some from very massive stars so are there universes around these stars.

In the middle of our milky way is a black hole caused by a supernova and we have no seperate universe.

yes i am but you are thinking too small ! you are thinking on the same scale as the universe we see all around us im saying that i think we are part of something a lot bigger where a star could be so massive it would hold enough matter to create the universe as we know it.A infinitely large universe the opposite of a quantum universe of coarse it is all theological as are black holes that hold galaxies together.

chris

It is an idea I know but this star would need to be so huge, and it begs the question where did that massive star come from.

right to put it in to some context what i mean .

you would have a universe the same or similar to ours i the aspect it contains stars,galaxies,nebula but on a level of size that was infinitly large then you have our universe containing the same objects but on the scale we can just about comprehend and then you have the quantum again containing the same objects but on a scale of the infinitely small ..... nature playing out the same but on different scales for example:

A twenty ton granite bolder

a granite pebble

and a grain of granite sand

all the same material so all the same but on different scales.

Again this theory does not explain the creation of everything nor is it supposed too my theory is based on the universe we know and the big bang that created it as i said in my first post i cannot subscribe to the idea we came to be from a singularity and before that there was nothing.

chris

The model I recall had Elephants all the way down!:):eek:

You say that everything came from nothing.

Isn't one idea that 2 branes "collided/scrapped" against each other and that what we had was in effect a "rip" possibly through which energy came.

Alternatively the act of "colliding" may have caused energy to be generated (as in heat from friction) and what we are is therefore this energy after some of it condensed into matter.

Are you sure it is Turtles?:p:icon_scratch:

indeed looks a good film !.

but thats the thing a world within a world all existing together.

just like a universe within a bigger universe where much larger things exist.

not too sure about turtles though :p lol.

chris

A well-known scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever", said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down"

Straight away, I thought

"It's turtles all the way down...."

EDIT: Luckily, this is a geeky enough forum that I'm guessing at least half the people here will get it...

Diskworld??

Its a mind blowing thought on how it all began and where we are and how we came to be, Even the thought that the "Big bang" happened in space and whats is even more crazy is where space its self is and came from. An explosion of that scale and power is truly massive for us still to be riding the shock waves after so many millions of years.

I also like the idea that the matter that enters a supermassive blackhole is simply ejected out of the other end at some other point in space creating universes everywhere

Hmmm. A strange notion. Where is the evidence for supermassive black holes being formed by stellar collapse? The fact that SMBH's have a rotational tie with the whole galaxy suggests that they formed either at the same time or before the galaxies themselves. A stellar mass black hole is not the same beast at all.

Neo_UK,

I kind of like your theory even if I think it is sensationalist to introduce stars of the size your ideas would require. As mentioned before there is already Brane Theory that suggests more or less the same scenario. You share my thoughts that it is on the quantum level we will make big progress in understanding what reality is...or is not. Though I guess that Chaos theory or fractal geometry, curiously ignored as it is, has yet to make its presence really felt in our deliberations. I would say more but I have to go out :p

I like to think that the existence of everything is just as ridiculous as the absence of everything, and that everything that can possibly happen, does happen, with each event's permutation spawning a new dimesion. So basically, from every moment, an almost infinite amount of dimensions is spawned, and in turn each one of those spawns another shed load of them (turtles all the way down!)

So although theres an infinite number of me's in the multiverse, some almost exactly the same as me, and some wildly different; i am still the only one on my path through all the multiverses, with my conciousness providing a unique perspective through all of the events in my dimensional timeline.

not sure where the big bang comes into all of this.

sorry people gotta go, Gods hassling me to plug myself back into the matrix.

W

The big problem is thinking we came from somewhere. If so where did that somewhere come from and so on ad infinitum. It may solve where our current Universe came from but still the fundamental problem exists.

I recently read that to move forward on the discussion one had to just accept that before the big bang there was nothing , no time , no space.

The big problem with this is that although the theory (and don't forget it is a theory) points to this it cannot be proven. This makes the whole basis of our existance faith based . Now we start getting on dodgy ground. Witout bringing the 'G' word into the arguement it is a valid point that we really don't know. It is true that we put our 'faith' in science and this is a saying I am always uneasy with. I don't do faith but in respect of the Big Bang Theory you have to have 'faith' in it. This opens up a whole can of worms and starts becoming very philosophical.

Also don't get stuck with how large things are. We (I) really cannot grasp the enormity of the Universe and never will . You can put all the zero's on the measurement's but it is all relative and really of no consequence. We are just stuck on this little rock having fun trying to fathom all this out.

I'm just along for the ride.

My philisophy is - dont worry about it too much. If you could take a modern mobile phone back just 500 years, a tiny miniscule amount of time even in the evolution of our species, they would not have a clue what to make of it. I'm not saying dont think about these things, just accept that we are all not Einsteins and sometimes it is easier just to accept the wonders and not try to think too hard :p

My philisophy is - dont worry about it too much. If you could take a modern mobile phone back just 500 years, a tiny miniscule amount of time even in the evolution of our species, they would not have a clue what to make of it. I'm not saying dont think about these things, just accept that we are all not Einsteins and sometimes it is easier just to accept the wonders and not try to think too hard :p

But its the question which drives us, and if it weren't for that we wouldn't of made much progress?

But its the question which drives us, and if it weren't for that we wouldn't of made much progress?

Very true and as I stated that is my own take on it. I think our brains are hardwired for survival on this planet in this dimention and it would take an enourmous leap of intellect to grasp the whole thing, and 'thinking outside of the box' may be a bit of a cliche but that's the kind of leap we need to make, and i know my brain isn't up to that.

As I said though, this is just my own philosophy and I believe we can make progress if we dont blow each other up in the meantime.

Cheers

Col

... If you could take a modern mobile phone back just 500 years, a tiny miniscule amount of time even in the evolution of our species, they would not have a clue what to make of it....

but there are people in under developed countries right now, who wouldn't have a clue if they are given a cellphone.

"practice makes perfect" is what i think is more probable here. trial and error has made us progress in the last century, in my view, not a big bit of evolution, considering we have progressed a hundred times faster compared to a few centuries earlier.

Archived