Narrowband

Hello From Cefnpennar!!!

TheEvilOne

Well i come from a place called cefnpennar its at least 1 mile above sea level. And i was wondering what is the best time for me to take out my telescope. The Light pollution up here is not bad. Any suggestion will be gratefull. :p Also any good sites for cameras to attach to your telescope???

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Mr Evil you have certainly come to the right place for answers. Any dark place will do and if yours scope has moderate sized mirrors they need to cool down for at least an hour - sounds like a very good location you have. We need to know what scope you have and your interests, ambitions and experience so as to tailor the advice just so.

Regards, JohnH.

The ETX have many happy users unfortunately Mars is too small and Saturn may just show rings but is small also but it it Jupiter you want in the South South East at midnight and the ETX will give you the banding and moons as well as the Great Red Spot if it is there?

Any webcam with image planets or the Moon which is now growing in the West. A DSLR will aslo get results especially with the Moon, you just need tracking to image these objects. Webcams we use are SPC900 or the old Toucam/Vestas and any DSLR will give you basic shots to play with.

The Moon and Planets can be imaged even in heavy light pollution but it sounds like you don't have very much anyway so back garden is a good place to start if you don't have too many trees in the way.

JohnH.

Archived