SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Gutted

bish

Just stepped onto the balcony for a fag (I know, very bad habit - trying to give up). The sky is actually clear and Jupiter is quite high above the rooftops shining brightly.

It's been ages since I've seen Jupier, and I've yet to 'see' the missing belt. One problem. The 8" scope is packed away in the bedroom where my girlfriend is fast asleep. The mount is under the bed. She has no interest in astronomy and gets very cranky when woken up. Do I risk life and limb?? No, not that brave. Must be others out there who face this predicament.

Hi Carol and Doug. I hadn't thought of that, but you're absolutely right that as soon as I start clattering around those clouds will hear me and come over as fast as they can! Time for bed (very quietly)

ha ha, liked the story of the scope dilemma. You'll have to keep it somewhere more accessible. And if you really are trying to give up smoking, what better incentive than working out how much you would save week by week, with a goal like a big new scope or eyepiece to keep you motivated!

Good advice Julian and KingOfColly. I've made a start giving up. Maybe I should put some money in jar everyday that would have gone on fags and buy something good as suggested. Not sure I've got room for a massive dob - but a PST and some eyepieces I could sneak those into the cupboard...

Archived