Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horse head and flame

anthony

Hi Guys

On a rare outing to my back garden I chanced upon this fine object. A 80mm / F6 refractor with .63 focal reduction. 6 x 10 min subs averaged in maxim. Quite windy but at this focal length the ccd did not seem to mind. Camera was a SXV h9 with Ha filter.

5am - going to bed now

Anthony

post-12863-133877323773_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

The horse head and flame is a great target. So many interesting things in it. Even on shorter subs (and even with a Ha filter), you start to get pleasing images. Last year when I caught it for the first time I was really surprised at how much the detail came through with little effort.

Looking forward to getting its neighbour M42 with this set up.

Anthony

lovely one Anthony , as you say this image is great whenyou get it like this , very pleasing , fine image mate , lovely to see these coming through now , just one small thing , notice the focus just needs a tad tweak , can just see a halo around some stars , or maybe the camera a bit of centre , only a small thing though .

Rog

had aplay

post-12695-133877323782_thumb.jpg

Archived